Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Rebel at 40 again?

Some of us had the chance to see the fantastic Rebel at the Crea Muziekzaal on Saturday night. It felt like being 40 all over again.

In March last year, I threw a 40th birthday party at the same venue with the same band, and it was a total blast. Band was great, venue cosy and friendly, and the crowd that came were great fun.

Complete deja vu as we arrived 18 months on. It was like turning back the clock, with two exceptions - Rebel were even better than last time, and I had really got older (proven by one person who hadn't seen me since the last party and who didn't recognise me - later she said "you didn't have so much gray hair last time"...)

Best memories from the concert are; Joris Hekelaar giving a diamond performance of "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol (on my ipod 3 times per day since then); and watching my great friend Morten let his talents loose with his amazing Saxophone playing (not the end of his talents, by the way - he plays piano beautifully and has written songs in Dutch).

Go to You Tube (http://nl.youtube.com/results?search_query=rebel+at+crea&search_type=&aq=f) to see a few clips of their great performance.